Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome to Our Newest Feature!

Good, south Florida rainy, morning!! I understand this rain is bringing a cooling off! That will be a nice sign of the impending "season". My first  seasonal clients have arrived, two so far.
  I just wanted to get the very first post up, just to say HI!, and get the ball rolling.
Over the summer we had a lot going on.
Jody, who had been with me since the grand opening, has moved on. Jody had not been happy, and appaently the customers were feeling her angst. SOOO, another page turns.
The addition of Neysi Batista to our staff has given us the opportunity to serve our Spanish speaking neighbors. Neysi is a talented young woman, has experience from barbering to ethnic relaxers, roller sets, the works!. There is not one service she provides that she does not put 100% talent and effort into!! How wonderful is that?!
 Our most recent development is the addition of Miss Marisa Davis. Marisa came to us seeking more flexibility in her work environment, and being a "booth renter" is a perfect way to achieve that freedom and flexibility. Marisa is co-operative, creative, and like my extra right hand when I need one.
Marisa excels in color, and does feather hair extensions, and the uber-new hair tinsel. I think this is a must-have for the holidays. Ladies we have ton of it too! at only 1$ a strand you can get plenty (each strand can make 2 to 4 extensions).  In taking on new stylists, it became apparent that we were lacking in space for client reception seating. The next step was the mini-makeover of the main work space. Thanks to Ikea, we got the job done nicely. New retail shevling, some new cabinets, and a pair of custom made RED storage benches have doubled our reception area, and made the room look balanced, and open. Our old huge retail cabinet is gone. So far everything is working well.
 We look forward to a productive season, hope to see you there!!!
Joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A HUGE THANK YOU for doing such an awesome job on my hair Friday. I attended three parties over the weekend and everyone commented on my hair. All said it looked great plus they thought the uber-new hair tinsel was a nice touch.

Thank you Joanne for taking such great care of me ... I wouldn't trust anyone else with my hair.

JoAnn G